USA SHOOTING is now running under ISSF rules. <download>
Match Director Bulletin #1: <download>
1) In the new ISSF Rulebook there is a restriction against using 140mm buttstock on rifles . This rule will be exempted at the Junior Olympic level until further notice.
2) ISSF 10m Rifle "Weights" Update: We will follow the requirement for the weights to be within the fundamental shape of the stock. This means that when attaching weights you can NOT have any tape on the outside of the weights themselves.
3) The recent ISSF rules call for a boot flexibility test that many clubs may not have access to. Although USAS would encourage you to do this for your competitors if you can, we will exempt this rule from the STATE Junior Olympic Match. As we approach National Junior Olympics USAS will clarify to all competitors what rules will and will not be enforced.
4) All other ISSF Rule updates, including the new allowances on buttplate and forend depth, will be in effect for the 2017/2018 State and National Junior Olympics with the inclusion of blinders and corrective lenses.
------ A) Blinders – Rifle and pistol athletes can use one front blinder (30 mm maximum width) but may no longer wear side blinders.
B) Corrective Optics - Rifle athletes will be allowed to place a single corrective lens in or on their rear sights.
4) Air rifle events will be scored in Integer, not Decimal format.